vrijdag 30 mei 2014

Meeting Patricia (Patty) Briggs

A couple of weeks ago, Aurian read a message on Facebook that Patricia Briggs would be in Germany at the end of May. We were immediately curious. Would she be at the Berlin LoveLetter convention?

I emailed to her assistant Ann. She told me Patricia would be lecturing at the Lüneburg university, on May 27th. Just a couple of days after the LLC! Aurian and I didn’t have to think too long, we were going to extend our German vacation!


So Monday we went from Berlin to Lüneburg, via the tourist route.


At the end of the afternoon we arrived at our hotel. After freshening up we went to the foyer, readying ourselves to go out for dinner. Then I spotted a familiair T-shirt…


It was Ann, with Patricia Briggs and her husband Mike. They were staying at the same hotel! They were extremely jetlagged and tired from travelling and sightseeing. But they were very courteous and talked to us. When I mentioned I liked the “Hauptman security” T-shirt best, Mike went to their room to get one for me!

Patty also gave us a super cool metal business card.
(I erased the adress)
If I ever going to get a tattoo (I probably won’t) I would take this wolf and use it.

The next day we went sightseeing and at the end of the afternoon we got ready for going to the university. In the foyer we met Patti and Mike again. That gave her the opportunity to sign our books and for us to take some photos. We also gave her our gift bags, with stroopwafel, licorice and chocolate goodies from Karin and Peggy.

At five we left for the university. Patricia gave a lecture on the use of mythology in her books. This was very interesting, she has a extensive knowledge of werewolf mythology. 
After the lecture there was time for some questions.  Patty talked about upcoming books, her writing schedule (her goal is 5 pages a day) and a possible pet for Jessie (a dog, they are very adaptable).

Last but nog least was the signing. A smart bookseller brought English and German books. I bought four and had them signed.  

Ann had some more goodies for us: a transfer and a magnet. Yay!


After some more talking with Ann, Mike and Patty, we said our goodbyes  and went back to our hotel. 

We had a great day, meeting Patty, Mike and Ann, getting goodies and books and having a fun time talking about some of my favorite books. My kind of vacation!





2 opmerkingen: